Anti- Ragging Committee: As per the guidelines of UGC and the University, an Anti- Ragging Committee has been constituted to handle the issues pertaining to ragging. The names of the committee members along with their mobile numbers are displayed at different places in the institution. Any student can lodge a complaint without disclosing his/her identity in case of any in convenient incident.
NOIDA COLLEGE OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION
Ragging Free Campus
Ragging is an offence in any form and is totally prohibited inside the premises of NOIDA COLLEGE OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION. The rule applies to the hostels and college transportation too. We want to ensure and are committed to create a “Ragging Free” campus, thus ensuring a serene atmosphere conducive to learning and growth. Instances of ragging will be dealt seriously; therefore students are directly to strictly desist from any kind of ragging.
Forms of Ragging:
Display of noisy, disorderly conduct, teasing, excitement by rough or rude treatment or handling, including rowdy, undisciplined activities which cause or likely to cause annoyance, undue hardship, physical or psychological harm or raise apprehensive fear in a fresher, or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such a student will not do in the ordinary course and which causes him/her shame or embarrassment or danger to his/her life, etc.
Punishment for Participation in/or Abetment of Ragging:
- Cancellation of admission.
- Suspension from attending classes.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
- Rustication from the institution for periods varying from 1 to 4 semesters or equivalent period.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
- Collective punishment: when the person committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identifies, the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to community pressure on the potential raggers.