Vill- Dhoom Manikpur,
The Library – Knowledge Resource Centre
The College has central library and four departmental libraries which is equipped with the latest and rare collection of literature in the field of Physical Education & Sports, Education and Technical Education with 35,000 text books.
The library has taken initiative to enrich with good numbers of textbooks, reference books, books beyond the text, journals, magazine and E-resources like e-books, e-journals, e-articles related to subject and curriculum of the college which provides support to teachers and students. OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) facility is in process.
- The Students must carry the Identity – Card with him/her to get the books issued /returned.
- The students are not permitted to use other’s Identity – Card/s. The loss of ID card should be immediately reported to the college Library, office so that a duplicate card may be issued.
- The student cannot issue more than one book of same kind at a time.
- Students are requested to check the condition of the book before getting issued. Any damage found in the books taken out for reading or borrowing should be brought to the notice of the staff on duty before getting issued.
- Students will be fined at the rate of Re 1.00 per day for late return of books & Rs. 2.00 for late return of reference books.
- Loss of any borrowed book must be reported immediately to the Librarian/Library Staff. The student must replace the lost book / pay the cost of the latest edition of the lost book along with overdue charges, if any.
- Bags, personal belongings and textbooks are not allowed inside the library. These must be kept at the property counter at reader’s own risk.
- Library does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to personal property left on its premises.
- While leaving the library, members are required to show their files, file covers, books etc. to the Library Staff on duty at the check – point.
- Using Mobile Phones and audio instruments with or without speaker or headphone is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
- Eating, sleeping and smoking are not allowed in the Library.
- Library borrower cards are valid for the entire duration of the course to access library facilities.At the end of the course borrower cards shall be returned to the library.
- The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately.
- Violation of library rules or misconduct by a member may invite discontinuation of the library privileges.
Web OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) facility is in process to make available through Library Management Software to know the bibliographical details about the collection.
Electronic Resource Management package for e-journals the library subscribes to various journals and periodicals. In addition to that, link to scholarly open access journals/database is also available on the college webpage. A well-equipped Digital Library with having Internet connectivity is housed in the Central Library for access to E-Resources. As the access facility to e-journals is multi-user and IP address based, students can access the E-Resources from anywhere in the campus.